In order to download and install Cubase, please find the written instructions below.
1. First head over to www.steinberg.net/gettingstarted and either log in if you already have an account or create a new Steinberg user account by hitting the “Create Steinberg ID” button.
2. After logging in, Click “Redeem Download Access Code” and enter the code provided to you by Audient.
3. After your download code has been accepted, you will be given two 32-digit unique Product Activation Codes, one for Cubase LE and one for Retrologue 2. Please keep your Product Activation Codes safe as you will need them later. However, if you lose them, do not worry. Steinberg will have also emailed the codes to you.
Now click “okay” and then click “Show e-licenser Based Products”. This will take you to a page where you can download the Steinberg Download assistant application. Select the correct download for your computer type (Mac or Windows). You only need to download this once.
4. Once your download is completed, run the Steinberg Download Assistant Setup and follow the installation process through.
5. Launch the Steinberg Download Assistant once the installation is completed. Go to the “My Product Downloads” tab on the left, select Cubase LE 12 and press the “Download” button for the Cubase LE 12 application at the top of the list.
6. After the download is complete, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation of Cubase LE 12. This setup will also install the Steinberg Activation Manager as well, which will be used to activate your Steinberg products.
7. Now open the Steinberg Download Assistant again, and go to the “My Product Downloads” tab again. Select Retrologue 2 and press the “Download” button for the Retrologue 2 plugin.
8. After the download is complete, press “Open” and run the Retrologue 2 installer. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation of Retrologue 2.
9. Once Installed, you can open Cubase 12 LE from either your Applications Folder on macOS or from the Start Menu on Windows
Cubase will ask you to activate your Licenses using the Steinberg Activation Manager. Sign into your account and activate your Cubase and Retrolouge License as shown below:
10. Done! Both Cubase LE 12 and Retrologue 2 are now installed and activated on your computer, so all that is left to do is get creative with your new Steinberg software.