It is possible to use iD22 with a mic preamplifier that uses coaxial SPDIF digital output, however you will need to buy a converter that changes the coaxial cable into a Toslink optical cable. These devices require power so you will need to make sure that you have a spare power socket available.
Here is an example of a converter:
- Converts digital optical to coaxial SPDIF or coaxial SPDIF to digital optical
- Input ports: 1 x TosLink (Optical Fibre), 1 x Digital Coaxial (Phono)
- Output ports: 1 x TosLink (Optical Fibre), 1 x Digital Coaxial (Phono)
- Supports uncompressed digital stereo audio input
- Includes 5V DC multi country power supply
- Dimensions: 46 x 46 x 24mm (WxDxH)